View Poll Results: What do you think about the worksharing feature in Revit?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • It works fine for me.

1 25.00%
  • It is confusing and makes teamwork difficult.

2 50.00%
  • I think, that Collaborating in teamwork in Revit needs a major chnage.

20 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Question Linking Revit Structure to Revit Architecture file?

Does anyone know how to link a Revit Structure to a Revit Architecture file. I my office we are working on a project which has to be done in two different locations "architecture and structure department" at the same time. We want to connect those files together that all changes in both files could be updated automatically when you open the files.

I really appreciate that.

Blog Entries

Revit Structure and Revit Architecture can coordinate very well. Revit is designed that the structural engineers can create a better environment to coordinate their work with the architects who is using Revit Architecture. I will write an article and tutorial about that and upload that everyone can learn how to link two different files from Revit Architecture and Revit Structure together to coordinate the changes and requests.

Blake Titus
    Blog Entries

My firm has been sending weekly updates to each other, putting the updated files on our respective networks, and then linking those files in. It is possible to connect to each other's network to maintain a "real time" link, but it is extremely slow and at this point not efficient unless your firm is prepared to make a substantial network and internet connection upgrade (thousands and thousands of dollars) In my opinion, it's not worth it.
    Transfer files to each other when there is a large update similar to the way you did with AutoCAD (I know, I shouldn't say such things) when plan changes were made.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Default Linking project to Revit MEP 2010 from Revit Arch 2010

I have had dificulty in performing an analysis for heat load and cooling with the linked project. It has been a nightmare if you do not get the rooms properly assigned in REvit MEP even thou the were assigned in Revit Arch. Finally after three days I was able to decipher what is not written anywhere nor is it in any tutorials. There has to be an easier way. Any comments ,please.

Blog Entries

milton9412,

Autodesk Revit MEP is still not able to recognize the entire room's properties in a linked file. Most of the MEP firms are already disappointed with the performance of Revit MEP, because the MEP engineers have to create all 3D informations again, after they link an architectural Revit file into a MEP project. I wish I could give a positive and better answer to your question but unfortunately there isn't one out there.

Blake Titus
    Blog Entries

In Revit 2012, you can now tag architectural rooms in a linked model from Revit MEP. What version of Revit are you using milton9412? I haven't looked at doing a load calculation in Revit recently, but I would think that this is something that the new version of Revit could do.