Blog Entries

Default Custom Tags in Revit using Shared Parameters

I created a custom tag in revit for Doors. I wanted to have a floor plan notification of special circumstances for doors like Card Reader, STC 50, etc. To do this I used Shared Parameters. Shared Parameters, if you have never used them, are the type of parameters that can be shared between projects, shown in Schedules, and shared between family categories and work well in TAGS.
    I created a new shared parameter in a new folder for OPENING SCHEDULE. Created a Parameter in the Project from that shared parameter, and one in the door tag family. Added the label and imported the new door tag. Now when I add anything in the new parameter, it will be a small subscript below my door tag.

Blog Entries

I have never created my own Tags using shared parameters in Revit. It would be nice if you could share it for us with some screen shots that we can learn it as well. I know some about it, but I have never done tags in Revit.

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.

Blog Entries

Alright, better late than never.
    Step 1 - Create a new shared parameter group by clicking Shared Parameters under the manage tab. Call this new parameter group "doors".
    Step 2 - Create a new parameter in the shared parameters group you just created. Call this new parameter "Card Reader"
    Step 3 - Create a new project parameter back inside your project or Revit Template and reference it to that newly created shared parameter when asked to do so.
    Step 4 - Edit your door tag and include a new label that references the same Shared Parameter.
    Step 5 - Load the tag back into your project.

The new label inside the door tag should display whatever information you enter to each door.